Thread: Helen Wheels
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2008, 06:19 AM   #135
Stephen R. Lampl

Profile:
Re: Helen Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen Lawson View Post
Yeah, and I'm finding it a little difficult to walk today! You're welcome to my ideas any time though. And no knee stuff, that sucks! I don't know whats up with your knee(s) but how about light stuff like wall ball and push-press which are mostly upper body with just a little hip/knee action?
I tore all but one of the quad tendons in my R/knee a year and a half ago when I slipped and fell. Initial rehab went very well. I got most of my strength and all of my flexibility back, but since then, apparently scar tissue and/or possible joint degeneration has set in. I'm going thru another course of "physical tyrrany" right now and we'll re-evaluate the knee in about a week or so. The PT wants me to avoid knee bending/weight bearing stuff (e.g., squats) right now. So I'm doing some stuff (running uphill or with a T-mill elevated slightly is OK), including PPs and stiff-legged DLs. Wish we had wall balls @ my globo......have to settle for Kbs (which are always locked up) or Db swings. Oh well...........I'm making do and having fun!

Thanks for the support and well-wishes!