View Single Post
Old 10-05-2008, 12:51 PM   #5
Frank E Morel

Profile:
Re: Working out late

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delita Wright View Post
Not sure where to put this...

I sometimes don't get the chance to workout until late, like 9-10-11-midnight-thirty. And, usually this is after a 14-16 hour day or so. Is there any info out there on how this affects you? I understand we process the foods we eat late differently than those we eat during the day. Just a thought.

Thanks!
I truly hope that your not working a 16 hour day at the benefit of your employer.

Like most people that already stated, working out late does screw up your sleep. Your work out will result in your metabolism elevated, your adrenaline levels elevated both of which results is Heart rate and Blood pressure are also raised. All coupled together amounts to a higher body temperature and that triggers the brain to wake up. A lower body temperature signals the brain to start shutting down for sleep.

If your going to work out later, then allow some down time before you crawl into bed.

Going to bed on a full stomach could lead you down the road of giving yourself gastric reflux disease. As your metabolism is slow and low while sleeping , stomach emptying time is longer. That means more digestive acid in your stomach.

Last edited by Frank E Morel : 10-05-2008 at 12:57 PM.