View Single Post
Old 10-04-2008, 09:35 PM   #3
Delita Wright

Profile:
Re: Working out late

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Miller View Post
Delita,
I'm not expert on this topic, however I have read a lot of data that supports the idea that working out late can affect your sleep patterns, which makes sense in the fact that (especially with CF) you are jacking up your HR and BP and essentially waking your entire body up with a shock to the senses.... on the other hand, I enjoy working out late and find that once my HR returns to it's normal resting rate I am able to fall asleep rather easily.....my humble advice would be to just do what works for you.....if you have trouble sleeping after a late workout, cut it out.....otherwise, 3-2-1 GO!

Also I should point out that in the spirit of "constantly varied" I like to workout at all different times of the day, and being a firefighter, this is very functional for me.....soon I plan on setting my alarm for 3:30 AM and getting out of bed to do the WOD on cue.......Hope this helped some
David - yes - it does help. I like the *varied* idea, as my life is, has always been, and probably will always be varied. I'm working on getting more sleep now, another issue, and guess just working on making sure I fit these in is the important thing for now. Hadn't thought about the losing sleep issue. Thanks!