View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013, 06:20 AM   #5
BMH

Profile:  
Re: Against the Current

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Washlow View Post
I am not going to argue with Darryl again here but from the ADA "Carbohydrate recommendations for athletes range from 6 to 10g/kg (2.7
to 4.5 g/lb)" the article says body weight and not lean body mass so at 250lb that recommendation is 675g - 1125g. That is a precription for heart disease and diabetes. 675g of carbs from broccoli, not even discounting for fiber (most carb counters don't count fiber as most of it is not digested) is 21.3 lbs of broccoli, yes that is not a mistake 675g of carbs from broccoli is 21 lbs. If you would like to eat just white potatoes for carbs you would need 7lbs, daily!

That being said if your goal is to lose as much fat as possible as fast as possible, here is my recommendation.
visit
www.leangains.com
http://www.bulletproofexec.com/how-t...r-morning-too/
http://eatingacademy.com/nutrition/k...d-state-part-i

(all links are blogs, cannot confirm they are 100% wfs)

The best part of about an intermittent fasted ketogenic diet is that you don't have to be hungry. The fasting takes a little getting used to but the 16 off 8 on version is quite easy using bulletproof coffee. In terms of food, keep your carbs < 50g, protein <130g (protein can cause blood sugar spikes which spikes insulin causing you to no longer be ketogenic), and a lot of fat to keep you satiated. As you acclimate your appetite will decrease markedly.
And the recommendation you gave is not for athletes. It will depend on if the OP wants to maintain his workload or not.

I would recommend eating 2,000-2,300 calories a day and trying to track your food as best you can. Eat oats, brown rice, and potatoes for you carb sources. Limit sugars, and maintain increased protein intake to promote satiety. If you continue your workload under these restriction you should lose fat no questions asked. Fast if you want but stop if it leads to your over eating when breaking the fast. Lastly, eating a lot of vegetables can help you to feel full and consume less calories.