Re: Nutrition and Cancer (Cancer Prevention)
The studies into cancer & nutrition are mind-boggling so here is one aspect that might help you in your quest.
From around 1950’s 3,500 man-made chemicals have found their way into the manufactured food from hormones to antibiotics in meats to grains, many of these chemicals are ‘anti-nutrients’ (AN) meaning they stop nutrients being absorbed & used, or promote excretion.
Many of today’s diseases are caused just as much by AN as by deficiency of nutrients. Approximately ¾ of all cancers are associated with AN, from cancer causing chemicals to excessive free radicals from drinking and smoking (just two examples) There comes a time in many people that the body is overwhelmed by these AN & toxins and it can no longer detoxify itself, these toxins start accumulating in faty tissue, common drugs from alcohol to painkillers become increasingly toxic, even once harmless by-products from the body processing carbohydrates accumulate & start causing muscular aches & fatigue.
I don’t know about the USA but in UK on an average year they get through 6 billion alcoholic drinks, 75 billion cigarettes 80 billion painkiller prescriptions and 50 million prescriptions for antibiotics. Plus 400 million litres of pesticides & herbicides are sprayed on food crops even you tap water becomes an issue
We are told that all these chemicals are safe…but over the years your body becomes a walking time bomb. You might even feel as though its just not worth the effort you would be wrong to think this, here are some tips & I am sure many people will give you loads more to sift through
How do you decrease the AN load on you body?
· Invest in a good quality water filter
· By organic, when not possible or for budget reasons wash or peel fruit and vegetables.
· Never deep fry food steam or believe it or not microwave them (can’t wait for the replies to this one)
· Don’t use cling film unless it states ‘non-PVC’
· Drink alcohol very infrequently (The Good Book says ‘A Little wine is good for the stomach)& avoid smoking or smoky places.
· Avoid medical drugs UNLESS they are the only viable option for treating a health problem. If u get frequent infections seek out the underlying cause rather than relying on painkillers or antibiotics.
Hope this helps ..........check out Robb Wolfs site it is very informative