View Single Post
Old 08-22-2009, 11:48 AM   #14
Arturo Garcia

Profile:
Re: My 28 day challenge.

August 21st:

I BLEW IT. The day started fine. I had a good breakfast and we went to the beach. Watching my wife gulp down some awful food while I only snacked on organic pumpking seeds (maybe 1oz) was tough, but I managed to do it. I think to myself I'm having better control.

Lunch was fine too, small though, so after it I eat like 3oz of hazelnuts. A lot of nuts, I know... but like I said, lunch wasn't as big. Still, I am not doing that bad. A lot of vegetables on this day. We're planning to eat dinner out, and I eat a salad before leaving. At the restaurant I have a ceviche (fish, all paleo) and a small grilled salmon with steamed veggies, and only drink a cup of white wine.

This is where the day should've ended, I felt full and happy about what I had eaten.

But, like I said, and I'll repeat just to be harsh on myself: I BLEW IT!!

After an argument with my wife I got angry/sad/whatever and started eating like a maniac. I gulp down an entire jar of sour cream, it said it had 15 portions at 60 calories each... lol, 900 calories of sour cream. Some honey added to that. I drink a bit of scotch and a but of rum on top of this. I go out all ****ed off at midnight and drink one small beer. I eat a small muffin. I eat a Milkyway. I eat a Twix. And some kind of cookie which wasn't very sweet but kinda big (maybe 1oz).

I do not even want to remember this. I do not know why I did this, and I regret doing so. The funny thing is, I wasn't even craving this stuff... at the restaurant my wife had BBQ baby back ribs and a strawberry juice and I felt so full and nice with my food. I can only blame myself for this.

I will not let it set me back into thinking it's all screwed up though. Today is a new day and I'm back on track (almost 3pm now). Things with the wife are perfect too which is great news.