Thread: JWendt Log
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2008, 12:54 PM   #9
Jeff Wendt

Profile:
Re: JWendt Log

1/12 - Rest Day

1/13 - Death by Pull Up With a continuously running clock do one pull-up the first minute, two pull-ups the second minute, three pull-ups the third minute... continuing as long as you are able.

Worked on the kipping pullup form the first bunch of rounds. slight jump off the floor. After 6 or 7 minutes, swapped to mostly jumping pullups. Managed only 15 rounds or so.

1/14 First day of the Crossfit Elements class at the new place in Round Rock.

Went over (air) Squats, OverHead Squats, and Press. Apparently I watched enough videos and had good enough form that we went right through those, so we went into the day 2 demos of Dead Lift, Sumo Dead Lift High Pull, and Push Press.

I need to practice my squat form, and got a exercise to practice around the house.

The normal day one workout is Cindy, but I asked if I could work on a workout that had some of the new lifts in it. I can do Cindy at home anytime. Getting some extra work on lift form seemed to be more important, so we worked out a small variation on the day 2 workout.

21/15/9 reps of

95# Push Press
95# SDLHP
Burpees (I truly hate Burpees.)
18" Box Jump

First round was fairly ok, had to split things right from the start, but eh. Burpees of course killed me, and left me gasping the rest of the workout. First time doing the lifts, and box jumps. Felt quite weak when I went to start round two. The box jumps were not all that bad.

21 split 10:43
15 split 12:24
9 split 6:09
total 29:36