View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 03:05 PM   #2
Nathaniel Lajoie

Profile:
Re: B&R or Castro vs Rogue bar for Room gym

B&R bar is excellent. However, please realize that your sweat will make the bar rust, as I've learned that the hard way. I owned mine for about a year and never oiled it until the past week. Some of the rust got embedded where the bar makes contact with my back, and was a little tough to get out. I never used the bar except for in the garage. I don't like rust on my things, so I'm going to be oiling it weekly from now on. The grip on the B&R is the best I've ever felt. I don't think many bars match the feel of a bare-steel bar. If you don't want to do too much maintenance and want a center knurl , I'd get the Rogue Power Bar. I've heard nothing but great things about Rogue bars. The oil can be a little of a pain, so you'd have to make sure you wear a shirt that's not meant for anything but working out. Also, make you'd have to make sure to wipe the bar clean before using it after oiling it. The smell doesn't bother me at all using 3 in 1 oil. Overall, to me, bare steel feels the best in my hands, and the knurling feels better.

Last edited by Nathaniel Lajoie; 07-09-2012 at 03:09 PM..