View Single Post
Old 06-30-2009, 07:06 PM   #1
Heather Armstrong

Profile:
Heather's busted broken... again... injury journal

I'm not usually a journaling kind of person- but I am going to give it a shot and hope that it helps to keep me motivated over the next couple of months. I came back from vacation a few weeks ago with some serious pain in my left shoulder. See... I had a severe labral tear repaired in that shoulder in September of last year- and although the pain was not as bad as before, it was the same kind of pain. A visit to my ortho confirmed that yep.. I have ANOTHER tear in the left shoulder. In an attempt to avoid surgery I am taking it easy on the shoulder and doing no overhead work or downward pressing. This is obviously causing me to have to seriously re-work most of the WOD's. Thankfully my affiliate is helping me to restructure WOD's to accomodate my problems. After 3 weeks I definitely have less pain, and less "thunking"- the sound/ feeling when the shoulder starts to dislocate. Unfortunately, I have found out the hard way that any and all overhead work is out of the question. Walking lunges with a PVC pipe overhead caused me days of agony......

So... having said all that- here' s today:

Breakfast:

3 eggs
1/4 c cheese
1 c spinach
2 cups of tea with a splash of whole milk each

Lunch:

Grilled chicken salad with ranch dressing and sunflower seeds

Dinner:

8oz. grilled marinated pork loin
big Caprese salad (tomato, basil, mozarella, olive oil and balsamic)

Snack:

Reese's peanut butter cup (love those damned things)

WOD:

Double Tabatas- 75lb deadlift/ GHD situps for a total of 47 deads and 49 situps, 4 rounds each.

Before anyone says it- yes, I know I don't eat enough.... I just don't get that hungry....

Thanks for checking in, feel free to kick my *** some- it helps me stay on track.