View Single Post
Old 10-15-2015, 06:24 AM   #1
Andrew Gillie

Profile:
A new Gnomusmaximus

Hello, my name is Andrew, there is some stuff about me here:
http://vikingstrength.com/2012/01/29...es-competitor/

I am a Highland Games/sometimes strongman guy with an Olympic lifting habit. I have been adding crossfitesque stuff on the ends of my routines for about a year now.

I am pushing 50 (pushing hard at 50) and recently made a total mess of my groin/hip. May need to have a labrum tear repaired, might be able to avoid it with some PT. Dr. says I am to do less frequent Heavy stuff and more "crosstraining". Since I have enjoyed the cf stuff I have done I figure I will switch to doing more cf.

I have an association with a local crossfit box (not an affiliate yet) where I keep my strongman equipment, but I have a fully equipped fitness center/weight room across the hall from my office so it is much more convenient to do stuff there.

Recently I downloaded all the Certification (1 and 2) stuff and am more or less following the theoretical template model because it is kind of easy to adapt to my gym/schedule. Stealing WOD ideas from a bunch of sources then scaling them to try to get the basic intent of the WOD.

Plan/goal is to try to do the scaled version of the Open for giggles. I hope that helps me lose the weight I need so I can qualify for Pan-Ams in Oly lifting. The Oly lifting will then help me get the few extra feet I need to qualify for Masters Worlds in Highland Games again.