Thread: Richís WOD Log
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2008, 12:04 PM   #1
Rich Matlock

Profile:

Richís WOD Log

Yet one more... with hopefull more to follow. I see Cross Fit being so much more effective for overall fitness then going into a gym and pumping iron for
1-2 hours or treading along on a treadmill for 30 minutes. Anyway, yestersday was my first WOD. 95,95,95,115,115.

Here is my story:
My son called me out the week before Thanksgiving 2007 to keep an eye on each other over the holidays. HISTORY Ė Iím a 45 male who retired from the Air Force in 2004, health wise Iím in good condition. Right shoulder surgery in December 2005. Iím 5í8Ē I have always struggled to make my yearly weigh-in. Since 1995 Iíve been over 200lbs, but Iíve always managed to make my body fatÖbarely. At Thanksgiving I weighed 217lbs. My waist was 36+. I have been in and out of the gym for years. Translation Ė I like to lift (although Iím not that strong if you look at my WOD from yesterday) but hate cardio. My friends son is a trainer, but not your run of the mill trainer. He started (Feb 1st 2008) me on air squats, d/b curls with lunges, curb sprints, etc. It wasnít until last week he told me of this site. Iím really anxious to start seeing results. Oh update, since Feb 1, this year. Iím now under 200lbs, first time in 13 yearsÖthis morning I weighed 197. My 36Ē pants are now looseÖ and I LOVE IT!!!