View Single Post
Old 10-25-2008, 02:59 PM   #5
Joe Bernard

Profile:
Re: Snacks throughout the day?

Good fat sources are nuts (almonds, pecans, walnuts, macademia nuts, all unsalted and not roasted), olive oil, avocado, and nut butters (there are more I just forget them). Myself, along with a good amount of people here, also favor using butter, lard, the skin of meats (such as chicken), the drippings on bacon, duck fat (thank you Jay). If Jay saw this question he would have a load of sources for you. When gaining weight/strength is the focus, the type of fat source doesn't matter as much. You can eat butter or chicken skin and still do great (worked for me when trying to gain some strength). For weight loss, I would stick with the choics in that I mentioned first.

As far as organic/natural peanut butter, it is a step up from the normal kind, but even they can have hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated oil. Check the label to make sure. I just like to stick with nut butters because, besides from tasting amazing, the natural/organic kind can still have hydrogenated oil despite not mentioning it on the label.