View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 01:18 PM   #1
Brian Smith brianisrighthere

Profile:
Talking Getting Customized Affiliate Apparel

My name is Brian and I just launched Level One Apparel. An efficient way to get customized marketing apparel for your affiliate. My wife Jessica and I are CrossFit athletes who want to be able to represent our affiliate with good looking apparel. We are part of the CrossFit Loomis community and enjoy being challenged to improve ourselves physically, mentally, and spiritually on a regular basis. I'm also a full-time graphic designer and Jessica is a registered nurse.

Check out our designs.

The idea for Level One Apparel was conceived in the Fall of 2012. Our coach asked me to design a graphic to be printed on apparel for our gym. Though the final product turned out amazing, the process involved quite a bit of back and forth with different design ideas, numerous proposals, and rounds of revisions.

There had to be a better way.

I started searching the internet for custom CrossFit apparel. Basically there were two options:

1. Start from scratch with a design company or freelance designer. This usually involves much of what I listed above, idea sessions, proposals, revisions, time, time, and more time. Not to mention a pretty hefty design fee.
2. Try your hardest on a drag and drop apparel site. Results with this method tend to be less than ideal. Clip art and standard fonts can only get you so far.
So what do we do differently?

I start from scratch so you don't have to, using ideas pulled from the CrossFit community and my design intuition. Every design is sketched out, revised several times, then carefully perfected in a graphics program with customization in mind. I try to keep the designs flexible enough to accommodate a wide variety of textual changes, while still having a consistent style. The best of these designs are then made into several different styles to appeal to different tastes.

The result is a wide variety of designs (with more added regularly) catered to CrossFit affiliate owners and athletes, which can be delivered to your door in less than 19 days time, including, customization, payment, printing and shipping. Actual time until delivery varies based on demand, shipping, and response times.