View Single Post
Old 04-27-2015, 12:36 AM   #53
Alex Burden

Profile:
Re: Its me and it's her (the wife)

Well hello Monday and the beginning of another new week

Took it easy overt he weekend so both the wife and I are a little fresher today.

Warm-up
5min on the C2
Row at a nice comfortable pace but not to easy. When the clock hits every 10 seconds you pull really hard for 1 row this time then go back to your normal pace.

Wife hit 945meters (did not check the calories)
I hit 1310meters and 80 calories if I remember

Some light mobility and stretch for 10min.

Then onto
Ab training first...
K2C - 5 sets of 5 reps to warm up

Then - 5 sets of 5 reps L hangs with a slow lowering of legs (negative training)
Then - 5 sets of 5 reps T2B/K2C
Then - 5 sets of 5 reps normal sit ups.

To finish off 1 set of each movement for 3 rounds.

Finale - hang cleans onto hang squat cleans - technique
The idea today was to work on the basics and then progress to the final movement of the hang squat clean.

A friend of ours that has 20years weightlifting experience put us through our paces and coached us through it.

Sets of 5 reps

The wife
needed to work on this quite allot but after a little while we noticed she needed to add a lot more weight. The progression from the start position with here active shoulders and arm and getting the timing right took 10min to get into her head. Once the weight was increased she did allot better and she was pleased with the final result. Another year of training before this is somewhat perfected...

She started with a light 10kg barbell and finished off with 35kgs. She could go allot heavier but weight is not important.. Technique is priority

In total 20-25 sets of 5

Myself - the starting position is not a problem but we noticed that I was not fluent in the transition. I am really strong when I power clean as my upper body strength is good which means this takes over when trying to move the weight and transition into the hang squat clean.

I had to increase the weight quite quickly to force the barbell to really hang from my arms and force me into the transition under the bar and become more explosive.

In the end it paid off because when you get tired you must have the technique to be able to move the weight and I got tired.

So I started off light with the bar increasing to 40, 60, 70kgs and ended up doing 5 sets of 5 in the end with 80kgs.

In total 20-25 sets.

So in all not a difficult day but mentally tough as we needed to concentrate to make sure what we did we did right.