Thread: Holy Crap
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2008, 11:41 AM   #1
Ryan Green

Profile:
Holy Crap

So, I've been working out for 10 years, started when I was 16 using machines, then progressed to free weights, and for the last year I've done compound lifts and bodyweight exercises. I still don't feel "fit" so after much research, I've decided to try Crossfit.

Today was my first day... didn't make it through the warm-up! I go to a commercial gym, but they have everything I need to do the WOD's... so I go in this morning and start the "official" warmup, samson stretches, overhead squats, sit ups, back extensions, pull-ups and dips... and made it through 2 1/2 sets. I started to feel lightheaded and my vision got a little blurry, so I laid down in the locker room for about 10 minutes until I felt a little better... I didn't want to waste the morning, so I did 30 minutes on the elliptical at a moderate pace, felt fine after that, and then did a full 3 sets of the warm-up.

My goal for tomorrow is to complete the warm-up and do a scaled version of Fran. I know it's a rest day but I'm eager to get started, so my goal for tomorrow is to complete the wam-up, and do last Monday's WOD (FRAN) scaled to 45 lbs bar and -50 lbs assisted pull-ups.

I have to say though, that today's warm-up was one of the best workouts I've ever had.