Thread: Fit by 40
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 03:15 PM   #7
Casey Crookston

Profile:
Re: Fit by 40

Lisa,

Inspiring blog and impressive story! Thank you for taking the time to share.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa Erickson View Post
To date I have lost 82 pounds (trying to get to 100lbs lost.)
I read your post on your blog (dated 12/10/2010) where you were venting about how frustrated you were that those last 20 lbs won't come off. And OH WOW, can I relate! Not that I'll say anything you haven't already considered, but, here's two things I wondered about as I read...

1) I assume you're keeping in mind that muscle weighs more than fat, and that you have no doubt built up a lot of muscle recently.

2) I KNOW I'm going to get myself in trouble for saying this, but I'm going to say it anyways. Have you considered keeping track of calories? (GASP!!)

I started to say more about this, but it was getting too long winded and I could see it hijacking your thread. So I started my own thread here. (safe) Short version: I've come to the conclusion that I was using Palio and Crossfit to over eat, and that to force myself to stop, I needed (for a while at least) to count calories. I'm not saying this is you too, but so far I'm seeing some positive results.

Good luck with those last 20 lbs. I hope you don't mind if I shared the URL of your blog with my wife. She just had out third child eight months ago and is struggling to get back to her pre-pregnancy body.

Thanks again!