Market Research Survey *Need your assistance*
- Currently I am developing a business plan for a future CrossFit facility/affiliate.
- To assist me in the market analysis portion of the plan I am developing a couple of surveys. One trying to determine who are CrossFit athletes and another geared towards lessons learned from current affiliates.
- I am creating these surveys through Zoomerang, an online survey development and analysis tool.
- Once I have compiled the questions and created the surveys I would like the CrossFit community's assistance in distributing and taking the survey.
- In return I will make the results of the survey available to the CrossFit community.
- I believe with the support of the community all of us, participants, current and future affiliates can benefit greatly from the information obtained through this survey.
- I am acutely aware that there is a lot of information out there that I don't know that I don't know about. This is where I need your help now. What should I be asking current and potential CrossFit victims?
-Below is a list of questions that I have brainstormed on my own. If you could look them over and make suggestions about additional questions or changes to current questions that would be greatly appreciated.
- Try to limit open ended questions.
- When supplying multiple choice questions list the available choices also.
- I intend to open the survey within 2 weeks.
- I have the ability to create several surveys so if ideas come up for additional surveys that might be helpful I am all ears.
- I will post another thread pertaining to affiliates later.
- In defense of the questions below they were compiled during a brainstorm session so not all of these questions will be used.
Highest level of education?
If veteran what branch?
If veteran what was your specialty/occupation? (ie: Infantry, Supply)
What kind of home, apartment or condo do you live in?
Do you rent or own your home?
Where do you go on vacation?
What kind of car/truck/SUV do you drive?
What kinds of magazines do you read?
What nationality are you?
What forms of entertainment do you indulge in?
Are you attending college/university?
Previous Physical Activity
Active in sports while in high school, college or beyond?
What level of recognition/accomplishment did you attain if any? (varsity, state champion, national champion, Olympic qualifier, professional level, coach)
Do you currently participate in any athletic endeavours? 5k runs, Triathalons, Olympic Weightlifting, Soccer team, volleyball team, fitness center/gym member, etc. etc.
If so what activities do you participate in?
What are your reasons/goals for participating in the above physical endeavours?
Do you prefer team sports (ie. soccer) or individual (ie. running)?
What do you like/dislike about participating in team sports?
What do you like/dislike about participating in individual sports?
Do you consider yourself athletic/fit now?
Why do/dont you consider yourself athletic/fit?
How did you find out about CrossFit?
How did you find out about your local affiliate?
Are you currently or ever been a member of a CrossFit affiliate?
Have you ever worked out at a CrossFit affiliate?
What was the membership rates/fees?
Was the rates/fees fair in your opinion?
If applicable, why did you leave/stop working out at the affiliate?
What was your opinion of the level of coaching you received at the affiliate?
How far away did you live from the affiliate?
How far would you consider driving to an affiliates gym to workout?
Did you feel that the workouts were too difficult/easy?
How many times a week did you attend classes?
What were/are you fitness goals?
Are/were you achieving those goals through CrossFit?
Would you recommend CrossFit to your friends and family?
Would you recommend the CrossFit affiliate to your friends and family?
What times of the day did you got to the affiliate to work out?
Were there enough classes offered so that you were able to attend them?
Is there a shower at the affiliate you attended?
Did the availibility of a shower affect your ability/desire to attend classes?
Would you prefer monthly unlimited classes at a fixed rate per class or would you prefer an unlimited membership where you could attend as many classes per week as you would like?
Would you attend a CrossFit certification seminar?
Previous Fitness Center/Gym Experiences
Have you belonged to another fitness center/ gym before?
Are you still there? If not why did you leave?
What did you like about the fitness center/gym?
What didnt you like about the fitness center/gym?
How far away did you live from the fitness center/ gym?
How much did you pay per month to be a member of the fitness center or gym?
Did you participate in group fitness classes?
What kind of group fitness classes did you participate in?
Have you worked with a personal trainer?
What did or didnt you like about working with a personal trainer?
What would make a great CrossFit affiliate gym in your opinion?
What is the single most important factor affecting your decision to join a fitness center/gym/CrossFit affiliate?