View Single Post
Old 02-05-2006, 04:05 PM   #8
Peter Queen

Profile:
I have lower backs issues that use to require regular chiropractic visits every 6wks to 2 months. My problem was in my 3rd and 4th lower lombard disks which use to impinge my right spinal nerve region. I use to crawl around like an infant. It was humbling at times having my little daughters tie my shoes for me just so I can go to the doctor. I haven't had that type of pain in a long while. Also, since I started doing yoga and dumbbell thrusters along with other CF training, my back isssues have lessened even more. Crunches have been a big help for me also. I can now do the Superman stretches and other type of back stretches without any problem. The key is to take a slower approach as I go into my yoga stretches to allow my back muscles time to untighten themselves when they flare up. I have no more morning stiffness and when my back does start acting up it will recover a lot quicker than I thought possible with my changes in my exercise program. Keep in mind, this is what works for me. A lot of you know by now that I am not a small guy so what I do works great for my body type.