View Single Post
Old 06-13-2006, 05:21 AM   #5
Fiona Muxlow

Profile:
Hi Brian Welcome
It took me about over 6 months to complete the "Offical" warm up as recommended.
Mind you there was a dislocated shoulder involed mid way.And i couldn't do any pull ups when i started.
In the mean time i scaled, modified, and sub'd.
Now Im trainig people i often start them on the "Warm up" as their inital few workouts.
Master the skills of the warm up as they are the fundamentals but don't get stuck on just doing the "offical warm up" vary it, change the order, use pushups rather than dips, boxjumps rather than squats.Add in some 400-800m runs or rowing or try some kettlebell drills or O'lifting skills.
Have fun with the warmup, because the workouts are going to floor you. And you will love it!

To answer your other questions, the WOD are presented in a 3 day on one day off cycle.But again its not fixed.
Its Great if you can do it,my MMA training dosen't allow that other way i would only get A rest day free of MMA nd crossfit once a month. I Tried that....Not recommended.But if your just starting you may want to try a 2 on one off or even every second day to start with. Some people even do a 5 day on 2 day off.Listern to your body
Me im a 4on-1off-1on-1off cycle at the momnet.
Fiona

(Message edited by Fiona on June 13, 2006)

(Message edited by Fiona on June 13, 2006)