Thread: Shoulder
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2004, 04:35 PM   #2
Brian McCarrie

Profile:
The rotator cuff is a set of four muscles that stablize your shoulder. Basically they keep the ball of your humoruos in place.

My shoulder injury is an overuse injury. When the rotator cuff gets over used the shoulder can start to feel un-stable and the tendon will start to rub on the bone causing pain. There are also impingent type injuries where basically the soft tissue gets pinched between bone during movement.

If you want to be proactive in preventing injuries just make sure that you warm your shoulder up properly. You could also do some rotator cuff specific exercises but I'm not sure you would want to. What I mean is, the rotator cuff muscles do get hit when you are doing the other exercises that you mentioned and working the rotator cuff too much could lead to an overuse injury.

I'm not a doctor or a threapist I'm just speaking from my own personal experience. Everything I know I've learned from articles that I've read. If I've made any errors in my descriptions please feel to correct me.

Hope this helps.