View Single Post
Old 03-07-2009, 12:04 PM   #10
Mark Williams

Profile:
Re: One man and his ACL

day off yesterday, ate zone all day but had a small pizza and a pint of Guiness for dinner - it was meant to be a treat for some great news at work and in the past I've always treated myself to a pizza and beer but, while I hugely enjoyed the first couple of slices I felt like crap all the way through to my workout today. Like a hangover but I only had one pint of the "blonde in the black dress"

Diet
4oz turkey breast, 12 almonds, 2tbsp honey
1 cup milk, 3 almonds
5oz white fish, 6 almonds, 3tsp olive oil, 18 grapes, 6 small tomatoes,
1 cup milk, 3 almonds
4oz white fish, 3 almonds, 3tsp olive oil, 18 grapes, 6 small tomatoes,

Workout
3 x 10 second stands on wobble board
3 x stands on wobble board, passing 5kg plate around body
5 x 10 second one leg stand on wobble board
3 x stands on wobble board, passing 5kg plate around body

20 mins bike lvl 8, 90-100rpm

Row 500m
50 push ups
Row 500m
40 push ups
Row 500m
30 push ups
Row 500m
20 push ups
Row 500m
10 push ups
time: 15.40

20 mins bike lvl 8, 90-100rpm

Notes
Diet is good, eating more fish and fruit than ever before so that in itself can't be bad! Weighing tomorrow and really hoping to be under 200lbs (I was 210 post-surgery, 202 before I went to Switzerland).
Training was great - decided to make the wobble board harder by passing a plate round the front of my legs and round my back to change the centre of gravity - it was harder but managed it well.
The row vs pushups workout is something I've seen before, either as WOD or from a workout log but it was hard work! Will probably do some max dips tomorrow as well as a met-con to keep some strength going.