View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 04:54 PM   #7
Mark Williams

Profile:
Re: One man and his ACL

Back from my short break in Switzerland - managed to keep diet clean (but not strictly zone) about 80% of the time and got a few workouts in so probably didnt take a backward step while away. Training was primarily 40 mins a day on dads x-trainer combined with some dumbbell hi rep super and tri-sets.

Today went...

Diet
7.30am - 2 eggs, 4 egg whites, 12 almonds, 2 tsp honey
11am - 1oz turkey breast, 3 almonds, plum
1pm - 150g tuna, olive oil, 6 olives, 1 tangerine, 1 plum
4.30pm - 1oz turkey breast, 3 almonds, plum
9pm - 4oz sardines cooked in olive oil and garlic, 40g pasta, 100g tomato based sauce*

*immediately post workout

Workout
10 mins bike

Upright Rows @ 45kg x 50
Dips x 50
Assisted Chins (22kg/lvl4) x 50
for time
20:13

Notes
Diet was good but only got 2 carb blocks in at lunch. Allowed myself the small serving of pasta as it was post-workout.
Training was decent, upper body nailed.
Didn't do x-trainer or extra rehab stuff today - had consultation with the surgeon and the problems I've had with my patella tracking poorly are due to swelling caused by, we think, some artefacts from the surgery. The advice was when the swelling is up, leave it alone otherwise go for it. On a positive note, the mri today showed a major thickening of the new ligament and an increase in density compared with 4 weeks ago - he said it looked more like an 18 week graft rather than 12 weeks so that bodes well. Scheduled to see him again in 6 weeks and if the tracking issue hasn't sorted itself out he'll go back in. Joy.