View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 09:18 AM   #23
Amanda Strouse

Profile:
Re: Aman-DUH workout log

8/23
Strict Press, up to peak of 1. started at 55' w/ 10' jumps. Failed at 95' which is my max anyway. So got 90'. Shoulder was BURNING, so I'll take it.

Skipped met-con since I had 2hrs of dance practice in front of me.

8/24
Off day. Shoulder hurt too bad. Plus my friend invited me to sit by the pool. I rode my bike to and from her house, so technically I got workout in of about 25 miles. Thats not much for me, but I guess it still counts.

8/25
Plan WAS to go to CFCC for the 50's but this was my first full day with no person to meet, no thing to do, no major plans...sometimes, a girl just needs a flippin day off. So that was today. Cleaned house, watched Hunger Games, napped, ate...bliss.

8/26
There is a field right near my house, like across the block. I thought it would be good to practice my CFE stuff. WELL, they had it all measured out like a football field cuz guess what...the high school football team practices there. WOOOOTT! So I did my running drills, did 15 pushups, then did 8x200's, holding pace with 10sec rest. Easy...workout done...but not really. I decided to lap the field once with each turn being a new drill. I got to the far end of the field and what do I see? PULL UP BARS. Muther freakin welded into the fence straight up old school pull up bars. I got on that **** of course. Strict to keep shoulder happy. Then, guess what else they had. BIG AZZ TIRES! Yep, I flipped it a bunch of times. Squat, lift, flip. What a great workout. I actually had total amounts of fun. Plus, the field is empty..so I got to run around in sports bra which isn't my normal M.O. I loved it. Going to do this ALOT more.

8/27 Monday
SICK..again..over it...stupid tummy issues. Dr appt for Thursday

8/28 Floor Press
Finally got my cortisone shot in shoulder. Only pressed the bar a bunch of times.
Metcon - 500m Row, 30 Push-ups, 30 Steps Single Arm KB (1.5/1) Overhead Walking Lunge (15L/15R), 30 Box Jumps (30/24), 16 Push-ups, 16 Steps Single Arm KB OH WLunge (8L/8R), 16 Box Jumps (30/24)
7' and change. Subbed hollow rocks for PU's and no weight for lunges...so of course I smoked this workout. Felt like I was cheatin.