"Jackie"

1km row
50 45lb Thrusters
30 pullups (scaled jumping pullups)

Row: 3:58
Thrusters: 5:43
Jumping Pullups: 1:28

Total 11:10

Due to equipment limitations, my training partner and I couldn't both do Jackie at the same time. We agreed that on Thursday he'd do Jackie and I'd do Helen and that today we'd switch.

I really, really wanted to beat his time from yesterday because I was using the rx'd weight for thrusters, but I knew in order to do that I'd have to kill the row because his greater strength gives him a huge advantage when we both use the same weight for an exercise. Everything was going swimmingly for the first 850m; I was on pace to finish easily under 3:40. And then I died. As in everything in my body reminded me that I haven't been able to row since forever and it was all I could to to try and maintain some semblance of a smooth, efficient stroke. I was hugely gassed by the time I hit the thrusters and ended up having to split them into smaller and smaller sets (11, 10, 9, 6, 5, 5, 4 as I recall). I started the pullups on the highest setting where my toes can just touch the ground (higher than yesterday) but ended up having to scale down to the next lower rung when I just couldn't get all the way up. Brutal! I missed his time by about 15 sec (though I did finish Jackie before he finished Helen and I finished Helen before he finished Jackie yesterday so I can take some consolation from that). Next time!