View Single Post
Old 05-27-2019, 01:04 AM   #980
Alex Burden

Profile:
Re: Its me and it's her (the wife)

Monday morning and we are both feeling good. We decided to take Friday off and just rest.

Plan - the burn

Warm up
60 cals on the rower

warm up legs, stretch a little, get shoulders going in preparation for the first part.

The burn
So today is the time to start to test my knee. I have not had any issues with it yet so far and i know i have the mobility. Today was time to test the tension and bouncing side of things.

9 rounds
30/60 Du/Su's
Sled push 2 x 20m

Wife weight for sled - 50kgs/110lbs, 55, 60, 65, 70kgs/154lbs, 65, 60, 55, 50.
My weight for sled - 55kgs/121lbs, 65, 75, 85, 95kgs/209lbs, 85, 75, 65, 55

Things were ok from the start and not so much of a problem, the Du/Su felt great (for my knee) and started the heart going and the calfs. Once the sled started to get heavy and the legs started to burn and the calfs were on fire it got tough. It all got heavier at the end even when the weight lowered on the sled.

5min rest

9 Rounds
6/10 cals AAB
5 burpees

This was just none stop high heart rate WOD. Legs were already tired from the first part, this took it to the next level. The wife went from 45 seconds down to 28 seconds on the AAB, i went from 55 down to 35 seconds. More or less after a couple of rounds found our pace on the AAB and then kept it within 2-3seconds of our lowest time for the remaining 7 rounds.
No issues for my knee on the 2 feet landing on the burpees.

5min rest

9 Rounds
10 wallballs 6/9kgs 14/20lbs

UgoIgo. This was the perfect final test for my knee, everything felt just like it should... normal.

Cool Down
sweat and stretch for 20min