Thread: Anders' log
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2011, 11:18 AM   #12
Anders Alkaersig

Profile:
Re: Anders' log

Caught up with my buddy, Kræn last night. We’d both had a long day of studying so we were ready for some serious training.

After warming up we did:
Back squats 10-8-6-4-2 reps @ 60-70-80-90-100kgs (from 132lbs to 220lbs)
Ring push-ups 5x10

It’s been a while since the last time I did back squats. A month or so. To be honest all of the sets were pretty easy and I guess I underestimated myself there.
The push-ups in the rings are always fun (and hard). The last set was a grinder but both Kræn and I left something in the tank for the following metcon.

We did the main site wod from a couple of days ago:
15-12-9-6-3 reps of
Power clean/60kg
Burpees

I finished in 8mins 34secs, while Kræn finished at around 7mins 50secs. This was a tough one!
I’m satisfied with my time, but even more so with my burpees. I’ve always had a hard time stringing them together at a decent pace. But yesterday I managed to be consistent without falling completely apart. Cool.

Afterwards Kræn and I shared a few tomatoes, a few asparagus, 850grams (30oz) duck breast, and 1 ½ bottle of delicious Corvina red whine.

Today at noon I attended an Olympic weightlifting session at the WL-club IK99 (house of the best Danish weightlifters)
It was my first time ever with a coach in the Olympic lifts. Very very cool.
I spend to hours doing OHS, snatch balance, high hang snatches, knee high snathes, high cleans, knee high cleans, push presses, and split jerks.
The weights never exceeded 40kg/88lbs but due to the high number of repetitions it ended being an extremely taxing session.

/Anders