View Single Post
Old 05-14-2011, 12:24 PM   #28
Kristie Willhoit

Profile:
Re: CF Moms - Labor & delivery/birthing experiences?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Kauth View Post
total time pushing was 4 pushes at 16 min. ... Our first child (girl) was born "early" at 5.5 lbs and about 20 pushes and 1.5 hours.
Oh, if I could be so lucky! Lol. I did just learn that my mom had quick deliveries for my older sister and brother; hopefully there's a correlation between mom/daughter L&Ds!

Quote:
my wife would tell you that it feels like you are dying ... at the same time, it's easy to do. If that makes sense?
Yeah, makes total sen- wait, what? Lol. You mean, like, excruciatingly painful, but worth it? Or, yeah, it hurts like hell, but you know it will be over soon so it's easy to suck it up?

Quote:
Labor at home as much as possible then hit it for the hospital
My husband and I were just debating at our appointment Thursday how long to wait before heading the the hospital (assuming we're at home). Doc recommends waiting until the contractions are 5 min apart for an hour, but we live 25 minutes from the hospital so we're curious about timing...

Quote:
just know that you can do this! I would never comment negatively about someone choosing to opt for pain medication, but, imwo (in my wife's opinion), you don't need it ... AND YOU CAN DO IT!
I'm more confident after reading all the stories here!

Quote:
Her main source of exercise is CF, btw. ... and we eat a paleo diet, minus a cheat meal every week or so that usually takes the form of a pizza w/o cheese with potato chips smashed all over it.
Mmm...carbs topped with carbs. My cheat meal is usually tacos from Tijuana Flats...or pizza loaded with extra cheese!

Quote:
And drink so much water that you have to use the restroom like twice an hour--annoying but necessary!
Noted! Thank you!!