View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 07:52 PM   #6
Brent Sallee

Profile:
Re: Excessive internal hip rotation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix James View Post
I'd say internally, the right leg is a comfortable 65degrees and can be pressed through more. The left slightly less.

External probably 50-55degrees both sides.

Below 40kg the client can be queued to drive the knees out, getting past 50 yes the right knee especially falls inward. Bringing the heels in an inch fixes this a little but its not a solution I think is gonna help in the long run.

The client has been reporting discomfort pain in their lower back, specifically not the hips they say after squatting or lifting. Bodyweight stuff they are fine. It isnt a mental thing as the client wants to lift more and would try if we allowed them to. They are fine at handling weight in presses and upperbody movements.

Thanks for your help so far Brent, I will continue to try and find a solution - currently setting up an seperate program for him for those days.
Do you notice a butt wink of any sort as the client gets deep into the squat? Can you measure his hip flexion stopping when the pelvis starts to compensate? Sounds like they may be prematurely flexing at the spine, which would be caused by lack of hip flexion. If the person truly did have lax connective tissue, I don't think this would occur... Hm.