View Single Post
Old 10-31-2009, 12:31 PM   #25
Alex Europa

Profile:
Re: any free workouts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladimir Kalinin View Post
Thanks Alex, I'll see what I can do. Just to make sure I understand, I can technically perform the same exercises you recommended 5-6 days a week?
If by "same exercises" you mean different WODs (rep/time schemes) with similar exercises (pushups, pullups, etc...) then yes. But what you don't want to do is repeat the same 5/10/15 WOD (called "Cindy") 5-6 days per week. That's why you have the entire list of WODs to do.

Quote:
My doc said that I need at least 30mins of cardio. Will working out only 10 mins/day be sufficient for cardio?
Again, try going for a 30 minute jog...then the next day do the 10 minute WOD I listed above. Tell me which one gives you a better "cardio" workout.

Quote:
Also, when you recommended the max 10 min sets of 5pullups, 10 pushups, 15 squats - are these random numbers or do they mean anything? I'll go in my garage shortly to perform those.
They are random in the sense that it could just have easily been 4/8/12 or 6/12/18...but that particular rep scheme is how Greg Glassman designed "Cindy" and it happens to be a damn good choice (which is probably NOT an accident or "random" :-)).

Quote:
FYI, I can do 9max pullups (without extra jerking that I see in CF exercises), 35 pushups, don't know about the squats, perhaps 20-30 max.
Those are pretty good numbers to start off with, and they'll go up significantly once you've started CrossFitting and really dial in your technique. Speaking of technique...CrossFitters don't "jerk" they "kip" which is a legitimate technique to increase power output and improving several of the 10 components of fitness.

Quote:
Thanks for the links and I appreciate the help. I'm driving my wife crazy with all the programs I'm buying (p90x, 10 min trainer, trx suspension, rings, etc..)
The good news is that you've found CrossFit...the bad news is that in 2 months you're gonna want to build your own garage gym...LOL

Quote:
I don't know if my gym has rowing machine, perhaps time to look for a new gym.
I couldn't agree more (all links appear to be W/F/S):

- Bulldog CrossFit 10-15 min
- CrossFit Chicago 20-25 min
- Windy City CrossFit 20-25 min
- Atlas CrossFit 20-25 min
- CrossFit Dupage 20-25 min
- CrossFit Roselle 20-25 min
- H.O.T.SIDE CrossFit 30-45 min
- Impact CrossFit 30-45 min
- CrossFit Will County 30-45 min

- Alex