View Single Post
Old 01-01-2009, 02:35 PM   #10
Amber Mathwig

Profile:
Re: No Grains/No Sugars Support Group!!

Hello, hello, hello and to all!

John - I'm working on paleo with intuitive eating (allowing myself true cravings and not ignoring my hunger). So, in line with my intuitive eating, there are no more "rules" per se for me. Just trying to change my mind-set towards food - i.e. if I see a piece of bread, I'm not going to tell myself, "I can't have that because it's not paleo." Instead, it's "Bread makes me feel icky and when I feel icky I don't work out and try to start fights with BF."

Of course, breads aren't my problem. So it's more like if I go in the breakroom and someone just filled up the candy box - I know I'm not going to eat the Starbursts/Laffy Taffy type candies and the majority of the chocolates are out also simply because they won't satisfy me as I really don't enjoy them. But if there is dark chocolate in there, I'm going to savor a couple pieces.

Today, I received a care package from my BFF of 26 years and in it was a large container of delicious homemade holiday treats, recipes that have been in her family forever! You can bet I'm going to enjoy them, but will also try (really, I will try, but they are so good) to share at least half the container. I balanced the first few I ate with a large amount of chicken wings, some ribs and working on the green beans right now.