View Single Post
Old 12-31-2008, 02:13 PM   #1
Amber Mathwig

Profile:
No Grains/No Sugars Support Group!!

As evidenced by the “No Sugars/No Grains” challenges on the competitions thread, many people have found a little bit of support and accountability to go a long way in helping them to live a healthier lifestyle.

Paleo, Hunter-Gatherer, Caveman, Stoneage, Neanderthin….call it what you like. I refer to my diet as paleo, but mostly think of it as “This works for me!”

Diet, as defined by Webster’s, 1: Food and drink regularly provided or consumed, 2: habitual nourishment, 3: the kind and amount of food prescribed for a person or animal for a special reason 4: A regimen of eating and drinking sparingly to reduce one’s weight.

I don’t think the general public, or even myself a couple years ago, would ever think of the first 3 definitions given. But, I believe that most of us are aiming for all 4! It is for this reason we make such a focus on the way we eat and believe in it so much.

No sugars/no grains can be difficult. Society, family, work, friends….all put pressures on us in various forms that affect our chosen diets. We even put pressures on ourselves.

So here it is – the No Sugar/No Grains 2009 support group! Unless someone can come up with a catchier thread name…….introduce yourself, the extent to what you take your diet, the problems you face. Check in often to offer up or ask for support and ideas.