View Single Post
Old 02-25-2019, 01:10 AM   #910
Alex Burden

Profile:
Re: Its me and it's her (the wife)

Monday morning and we are both feeling great. The weekend was a good time to rest and sleep a lot and really take it easy. Wife has had had a small issue with tight quads over the weekend but we did a couple of long walks to flush them out.

For myself - i watched a few videos and i came up with a plan for my repeat. I knew i could improve my result, the question was by how much?

Warm up
Wife did her thing as she did on Friday. I know she hit the rower and did some shoulder stuff and then i lost track.

I grabbed the same rower and WB as on Friday. i did some time tests on 19 cals prior to make sure i know and feel comfortable with the pace. I did some squats, shoulder band work and wallballs.

After 30min it was game on again... wife knew about the plan and what she will do and say so i know where i am. The plan was to complete every round in 2:05, this would mean that round 7 would be completed in 14.35 leaving 25 seconds for wall balls at the end.

Workout 19.1 - repeat

Complete as many rounds as possible in 15 minutes of:
19 wall-ball shots
19-cal. row

Men throw 20-lb. ball to 10-ft. target

Result = 269 reps (7 rounds + 3 reps) (16 rep increase)

This time round felt ok but my knee started to hurt after the first round and either i didn't think about it or it stopped hurting after that. When i was on round 5 i was 20 seconds behind but i knew i could still reach 7 full rounds. On the 7th round i had 1.20 on the clock to complete the row. I put the pedal to the metal and completed that and then my foot got stuck in the strap and i lost a couple of seconds, grabbed the WB and completed 3 of them. had i not got stuck i could have completed 2 more but that's life.

It hurt more today but i am pleased, every rep will be Worth something.

Wife
After she did her warm up she started to hit her plan - Tabata

Tabata - AAB - total cals = 37

Tabata - KB Swings (American) = 68 reps

Tabata - Burpees = 34 reps

Tabata - KB Deadlifts 16kg = 83 reps

She said this was tough today.

Cool down
sweat and stretch for 20min