View Single Post
Old 02-22-2019, 02:37 AM   #909
Alex Burden

Profile:
Re: Its me and it's her (the wife)

Friday morning and it's that time again 19.1.

I woke up and i was so tired, so tired and my knee was giving me grief.. anticipation was gone, i had no idea how i felt. i was thinking bollocks i am not going to do it, i'll do it on Monday and this was before i had even checked the workout. This did not change on the trip to the gym and even during my warm up.. things were not looking good . After a while i said to myself... this is not bad i can rest on the rower, i'm a good rower.... So after my warm up i was ready... Wife was back from doing her stuff and she was my judge as she has always been. I trust the wife and she is the person i want in the back of my head, she is all i can hear.

Warm up
Wife did her thing
I grabbed a rower and WB i did some rowing, squats, shoulder band work.

I tested the rower and the speed i wanted to be at, gradually increased my pulse during the warm up.

After 35min it was game on... talked With the wife about the plan and what she will do and say so i know where i am.

Workout 19.1

Complete as many rounds as possible in 15 minutes of:
19 wall-ball shots
19-cal. row

Men throw 20-lb. ball to 10-ft. target

Result = 253 reps (6 rounds + 25 reps)

My plan for this was complete 6 full rounds, rest on the rower and all of the wallballs must be unbroken. I kept the rower between 850-900 cal/hr which meant it would take 1min 15/20 seconds to complete the 19 cals. Transition was quick no resting, just a quick fluid refill, this meant i did not loose so much time but you do lose time becasue you need to transition so many times.
My Wallballs took 40-42 seconds each round, nice and easy unbroken. my pulse was a little high after this but i could bring it back down on the rower.

I will repeat this on Monday With a slight change to the plan... i will row a little different and go for 7 full rounds.

Tips from me:
Do not push the rower and have to stand and look at the wallball to rest, take those 5 extra seconds on the rower and go unbroken on the wallballs. I would say that most people that max out will do it on the wallballs and that is where you wil loose time. As long as the rower is moving you are buring cals, no matter how fast.

Was i pleased With my result today = yes i was

Wife
So the wife did her thing and i am not sure how she warmed up.

20 min - Run
3:22km/247 calories.

She completed 3km in 18:52 which is really good for her, she was pleased with that.

10 min - Ski-erg
1653m/82cals

She felt ok on this and kept an even pace.

Cool Down
stretch and chat for 20min