View Single Post
Old 04-02-2010, 06:33 PM   #5
Stephen Flamm

Profile:
Re: Programming for the 2011 Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Webernick View Post
Sounds like a pretty good idea. I've checked out your log and youtube videos. Pretty impressive stuff. I checked out your youtube page, after another poster noted you should either be competing in the games or your are a liar. I'd say you should be competing.

One thing I would do if I was training for the games is to focus on proper acceptable rom. I think most of your stuff looks good, but I don't think you are locking out on your dead lifts during metcons. You are knocking them out really fast, but if you get to competition and your reps aren't counting, its going to hurt.

I'm not even sure that your rom on the deadlifts isn't acceptable. It just looks to me that you aren't locking out.
Range of motion is definitely short on deadlifts (lock-out at top), overhead squats (depth), thrusters (overhead position), and handstand push-ups (arms fully locked out at top). Fix the details. Focus on perfect movement. You are, without a doubt, strong enough to be competitive, and from your squat clean video it is clear that you're flexible enough to achieve proper depth. Do it every time.