View Single Post
Old 06-21-2008, 03:16 AM   #19
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:
Re: Blair's I should have a log since I don't like logs log.

Ugh, today. Was in the mood for a short workout, so I just warmed up and preceded to:

20 minutes of

10 thrusters at 65 pounds [ subbed 2 x 25 DB ]

10 pullups [ tried kipping and it was just killing me to do the 1st round besides the tower moving around and grip sucking [ really need to get some athletic tape ], switched to modified pullups, feet on block ]

10 rounds completed.

thrusters were easy-peezy, though lighter than rx'd. pullups were not, couldn't kip due to tower and no way I was gonna do dead hangs without screwing it all up and getting really slow.

I doubt 65 pound barbell thrusters would have been much tougher since it was the pullups things slowed down. On round 4, started maxing at 5 only in 2 sets to finish. By round 8, it became 4 and then 3-2 with the last round being 3-2-2-2-1.

I had thought about working levers and handstands after but screw it, I'm done for tonight. Tomorrow I'll continue working on pullup strength, perhaps doing it every day of the 3-1-2-1 and GTG on off days.

Maybe it's just because I took yesterday off. Thorasic and shoulder area was a bit tighter than it has been feeling lately either due to weird sleep or blah-ness.

This keyboard really sucks, can't even use the number keys above the alphabetical...blah.