View Single Post
Old 05-21-2010, 09:37 PM   #10
Stephanie Rochford

Profile:
Re: crossfit for wife

"You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink."

For me (ie. the horse): My husband introduced me to crossfit by showing me the "nasty girls" video. (ie. water) All I could say was "What is this and how do I do it?" I ended up doing alot of research and watching many videos. I went and had an intro at my local affiliate (ie. drinking the water) and I was hooked. The hardest part for me was the financial side of it, I end up paying more for daycare for three babies than I do for my monthly affiliate cost.

I'm not really the kind of girl that worries about where I'm starting at or that other people might be better than me. I just realize that I'm starting where I am and that's alot better than some people. I understand that not all women operate that way. If there's one thing I've learned about most women, if they aren't into something, they're just not into it, and there not much you can do about it. You could offer it up on a gold platter and no matter what, they will make excuses of why they will not partake.

So I guess it comes down to one of two things. She either gets the idea herself that she's interested in it, or you may be a lone crossfitter.

On another note, are you trying to get her to do it at home or at a gym? I would think that someone with apprehensions may feel more inclined to get involved if they were dealing with someone outside of the marital unit and had the feeling that they were getting the teaching from "someone who is qualified". I'm not saying you aren't! Just some people do better under professional instruction in these types of situations.