View Single Post
Old 12-09-2004, 03:25 PM   #1
Jeremy Jones

Profile:
For those of you who don't know my 'sport' is Shootfighting (which is a lot like No Holds Barred fighting). The Amateur matches are 15 minutes continuous (no rounds) of kickboxing and grappling (all submission holds legal) with no striking on the ground. The pros have different rules (like 30 minutes continuous, and ground striking legal), but I am not quite ready to do that yet.

I have an opportunity to go to my next Amateur match at the end of January and here is my dilema:

I believe I am in the best shape of my life due to 4 months of CF, in fact, I have gained almost 15 lbs because of it. Now I am in a higher weight class. . . 200 and up. I weigh about 208 - 210 with about 8 - 10% bf right now. Should I try and drop my weight back down to the 165 - 199 category or should I just try and gain as much weight as possible before the fights (in 7 weeks)?

What would be your recomendations of exercises to do on top of the WODs so that I could gain/loose the weight?

I am not going compete for sure. . . The fights are in the Miami area (I am in California), and I would be paying for all the expenses. So money is more of an issue right now, but if things do work out I want to be ready to fight.