View Single Post
Old 03-26-2008, 07:13 AM   #10
Susie Rosenberg

Profile:
Re: Bullhooey in the Fitness Industry

Even just varying the parameters, but doing the same exercises, makes a different workout.

For example, you can do Cindy AMRAP in 20 min; or you can do rounds of 5 pullups/10 pushups/15 squats 20 rounds for time; you can do Cindy in rounds of 1 pullup/ 2 pushups/ 3 squats, 2 pullups, 4 pushups, 6 squats, etc. up to whatever number you want and then ladder down again (for time);

you can row a 2k as fast as you can
you can row as far as you can in 7, 7:30, 7:45, 8 minutes;

I remember the first "Crossfit" workout Jason had me do. I walked into the weight room and he said, "don't talk don't ask questions just do what I tell you" and he moved me through a 30 minutes weight circuit (on the machines) alternating with walking lunges and step-ups onto the bench that left me on the floor gasping and sweating when we were through. I thought I was gonna die, but it was the beginning, and it took place in a typical weight room.

I hope you find a more suitable work environment and can fully enjoy your work, but until then, if you apply the principles that are the foundation of Crossfit workouts, you can give your clients good training with what's available.

Good luck!

Susie