View Single Post
Old 01-24-2006, 02:21 AM   #1
Christian Lemburg

Profile:
Hi folks,

finally, I got my olympic bar and some weights:

- a new black Ivanko bar, center knurl, with CO-2.5kg collars (the bar is the "Economy" version I think, the guy I bought it from (Cyberfit - official Ivanko Germany representative) called it a "studio bar" and said it would be OK for the olympic moves at the beginner level) - BTW is there any product identification on these bars? Where?

- together with a set of used calibrated Ivanko competition weights (2x25kg Olympic weightlifting bumpers, 2x10kg + 2x5kg chrome powerlifting disks, 2x2.5kg + 2x1.25kg rubber encased disks)

- all for 380 EUR

Now, my question:

- should I get an additional pair of 10kg bumpers, and bridge the gap to the 25kg bumpers with the steel plates?

- or should I get an additional pair of 15kg bumpers and use only the steel plates for weights below 55kg?

Some notes on where I bought it (for others in Germany):

- the Cyberfit representative (http://www.cyberfit.de/cf/en/cf_news.php, located in Gelsenkirchen/Germany) was very friendly and seemed knowledgeable to me, so I would recommend it to people in Germany

- Ivanko at Cyberfit was *much* cheaper than any other brand name vendor over here (like Schnell (selling Schnell), Manfred Nerling (selling Eleiko) or Hantel Hartmann (selling Ligo, Uesaka, Pallini, and Leoko))

Cheers,

Christian

... so glad I finally have my oly bar! ... went right into it this morning deadlifting 80kg - no problems at all - but I will start light and work my way up ...