finally, I got my olympic bar and some weights:
- a new black Ivanko bar, center knurl, with CO-2.5kg collars (the bar is the "Economy" version I think, the guy I bought it from (Cyberfit - official Ivanko Germany representative) called it a "studio bar" and said it would be OK for the olympic moves at the beginner level) - BTW is there any product identification on these bars? Where?
- together with a set of used calibrated Ivanko competition weights (2x25kg Olympic weightlifting bumpers, 2x10kg + 2x5kg chrome powerlifting disks, 2x2.5kg + 2x1.25kg rubber encased disks)
- all for 380 EUR
Now, my question:
- should I get an additional pair of 10kg bumpers, and bridge the gap to the 25kg bumpers with the steel plates?
- or should I get an additional pair of 15kg bumpers and use only the steel plates for weights below 55kg?
Some notes on where I bought it (for others in Germany):
- the Cyberfit representative (http://www.cyberfit.de/cf/en/cf_news.php
, located in Gelsenkirchen/Germany) was very friendly and seemed knowledgeable to me, so I would recommend it to people in Germany
- Ivanko at Cyberfit was *much* cheaper than any other brand name vendor over here (like Schnell (selling Schnell), Manfred Nerling (selling Eleiko) or Hantel Hartmann (selling Ligo, Uesaka, Pallini, and Leoko))
... so glad I finally have my oly bar! ... went right into it this morning deadlifting 80kg - no problems at all - but I will start light and work my way up ...