Thread: Back Twinge
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2007, 02:01 AM   #1
Kieran Hartnett

Profile:
I went to the gym last night and did a few rounds of assisted pull-ups and air squats. Unfortunately my form must suck even worse than I thought, because during the third round of squats I noticed a twinge in my mid-back. Nothing painful; just a threat.

I stopped the squats immediately and decided I could maybe finish up with a few incline push-ups, using the bar of a smith machine. Just as I was about to lower the bar for a second set I felt another small twinge and abanded the gym altogether for a quick (very light) swim and a soak in the jacuzzi. I took a couple of ibuprofen when I got home, but have occasionally noticed just a very small twinge since.

My question is really this: How worried should I be? Do I need to see a chiro, or just lay off the exercise for a few days? If possible I really want to be ready to go again by Saturday, when I'll have a trainer to sort out my form. Ideally I'd like to do *some* sort of workout tomorrow too, which I might consider if the twinge has disappeared by then.