Originally Posted by Mark E. Wallace
My version would have been:
1. Not having clear goals; failing to revisit them periodically
2. Not ensuring that the workout program that you're getting on meets those goals; this includes not only what you do but how often you do it.
3. Not ensuring that your nutrition supports those goals; this is more than just "poor diet." It is the right foods, liquids, vitamins, minerals, etc...to support your goals, and enough of them.
4. Failing to take periodic breaks from CF; recharge the batteries, sharpen the saw.
5. Failing to find a mentor / coach who can help keep you on track
6. Making it your life; failing to understand that it's just a workout program and that being able to keep doing it long-term means making it an integral part of your life but not your entire life.
7. Failing to make -- and keep -- it fun. Once it becomes just another chore that you "have to go do today," you're at risk of burning out.
Nice list that you put together there
I really like it. I think that number 6. and 7. are things that happen after a few months. I typically see the 3-6 month mark people make those mistakes