View Single Post
Old 05-03-2008, 12:56 AM   #6
Phil Moncel

Profile:
Re: CrossFit - France Anyone?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua K. Brooks View Post
Howdy!

I'm a local Crossfitter here in College Station, Texas but I will be doing a study abroad this summer in Strasbourg, France. Just wondering if there was anyone there that happened to do it as well that way I could join you for about 5 weeks!

I would really appreciate it....

Gig 'em,

-Josh '08
Hey Josh,

Unless you luck out and some CFers have moved to France in the past year, I am sorry to say that you are SOL!

I am French and lived in France from 2002 to 2007 and CF is not on the radar there. The whole idea of functional training is not on the radar. KBs might as well be objects left behind by aliens, you can't find rings... a nightmare!

There is some CF activity in Germany (search posts for 'Germany'). Strasbourg is very close to Germany, pretty much on the border. With any luck you'll find some CFers close to you there.

I am in Switzerland now, not far from Geneva, which is a ways away, but if you are in my area at some point, let me know.

In German-speaking Switzerland, closer to Strasbourg than Geneva, there are CF guys in Basel (Bale in French) and Zurich. You might want to look into that too for a w-e of Crossfit. You can find them on this board as well.

Good luck!

Cheers,
Phil