Thread: Renegade Diet
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013, 07:44 AM   #16
Jayme Gruber

Profile:
Re: Renegade Diet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd R Bailey View Post
If everything else is dialed in, it can be effective. By everything else, I mean you are eating clean, getting 8+ hours of sleep, training smartly, not stressed, not otherwise sick.

Intermittent fasting is a stressor on the body. If you have a stressful job, are getting 5 hours of sleep and hitting double mainsite wods everyday, the additional stress of fasting may be counterproductive.

Like most people, you're probably somewhere in the middle of those two extremes.
I eat pretty damn clean. Try to do cardio in the mornings M-F do GSLP 3 days a week and might do 1 WOD a week on the weekend. Usually get 7-8 hours of sleep, am never sick and don't have a high stress job. I'm sure drinking on the weekends is my main downfall. I've been trying to just make it one night a week and stay away from beer (Jack & water) obviously cutting it out altogether would be best but I'm single and live in the city, I can't bring myself to stay in all weekend. I'd really just like to have a flat stomach (vain or not, I don't care) so I'm willing to try this if it's effective. It's been a work in progress for like 8 years ever since I lost a lot of weight in college but never got completely rid of the belly.