View Single Post
Old 10-05-2007, 01:13 PM   #6
Jay Cohen

Profile:
Re: "Diet" questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Edwards View Post
SI'm not really willing to commit to Paleo or anything that extreme, but I believe healthy and lean foods should be the majority of what I eat.
I understand that white bread/enriched flour is not good to eat at all, but is it the same for whole wheat? I've been looking into the Abs Diet, that's why I'm torn between whole wheat and bean type carbs.
Extreme, you're call. I eat great meat/fish, tons of veggies, great fats, some fruit and just rock on everyday. Process food will kill you, now that is extreme to me. You think Whole Wheat(there's a marketing ploy if I ever heard one) is better then White Bread, go for it. Bean type carbs, not sure what you mean by that.

Jonathan, suggest you do some reading on the subject, maybe a few of the great books out there will give you food for thought. Pun intended.

Bottom line, if you want to improve your CF times and performance, you need to greatly improve your diet. This from Coach, not me. I just do exactly as he says, along of course with Dr. G and some of the other great people that post.

Chow On