View Single Post
Old 09-24-2019, 12:27 AM   #1010
Alex Burden

Profile:
Re: Its me and it's her (the wife)

Tuesday morning, both a little tired but boy did we sleep well.

Plan – trying things out again

Warm up
Basically get ready for the first part.
Get the heart rate up a few times because we need to.

Plan
So the first part was supposed to be 8 rounds each of the below, UgoIgo.

1 min AMRAP – Du/Su

But

You must complete 7/10 calories first on the AAB. Remaining time is used for du/su.

Wife – Su – 65, 61, 72, 71, 78reps
Myself – Du – 46, 46, stopped at 30.

I have had a niggle in my left calf for a while and I was hoping that I would be ok today. I had 10-15 seconds left my 3rd round and it just blew up again, not as bad but enough for me to stop to protect it. Quite disappointed about that. Wife did quite well. So we cut this short after the wife’s 5 rounds.

Thrusters
So today was the first time back trying out thrusters for 6 months. Previously they really gave me grief and my left knee hurt but then I had surgery in April and now it is time to test the knee on them and up the weight a little. Everything else feels fine with my knee and I didn’t expect any issues today.

10 x 3 reps - thrusters - keep or increase weight after every round, take it as far as you like.

Wife – 20, 20, 20, 23, 23, 25, 25, 28, 30, 32kgs/70lbs
Myself – 40, 40, 45, 45, 50, 50, 55, 57, 60, 65kgs/143lbs

Both very pleased with these, no pain at all for me which I am pleased about.
The wife did really well as her previous 1RM was 35kgs which I noted 3 years ago and now 3@32 was not an issue. I know she can add an easy 5kgs to this. 3@65 was good for me, I did 5@65+70kgs last year which means I am already so close.

Cool down
A good stretch for 20min and clean our crap.

Not really that much today, my calf messed things up, but that’s the way it goes sometimes… adjust and move on