View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 10:06 AM   #1
Corey Tomala

Profile:
Hot tub right after working out or eating

Hey everyone,

First just wanted to say Hi. Been surfing the boards for a while, but usually don't post because I find my answers through searches. I think I finally have a question worth posting on though!

I currently have a nice little membership to a Globo gym, and lately after my workouts I have been hitting the hot tub because I thought it would help relieve some of the soreness from the workout. A lot of the time the soreness is in the back. I did a search for 'hot tub' for previous threads, and came up with one recommending doing a mix of hot and cold, which I'm going to give a try now as well and see how it goes. Right now I usually stay in the hot tub for about 10 to 15 mins at the max. Does anyone do this? I usually do it after every workout because I like the hot tub and it's nice to hit it once a day.

Another part of my question is regarding eating for the recovery process. Does anyone think it would be more beneficial to eat quickly after working out instead of hitting the hot tub? Usually the whole hot tub deal adds another 30 mins (changing, etc) before I can get home and toss something together. Perhaps too long out?

Right now I typically workout 6 days a week, sometimes doing two-a-days as well, so I'm trying to do anything I can to help reduce some of the soreness that I have been running into lately.

CT