View Single Post
Old 07-26-2009, 07:57 PM   #7
Michael Lennox

Profile:
Re: Extreme Chest Pain

You guys ever heard of Tietze’s syndrome? It definitely fits my symptoms. I have a very tender spot right near my sternum (just found it out). Its on the left side of my chest. Here are the symptoms that I got from health scout.com
Causes and Risk Factors of Tietze's Syndrome (Costochondritis)
The cause is unknown. The syndrome usually affects older children and young adults. It occurs more often in women than men.

Symptoms of Tietze's Syndrome (Costochondritis)
Pain, tenderness, and spindle-shaped swelling occur in one or more of the 4 upper ribs. Most patients have only one joint involved, usually the second or third costochondral joint. The tenderness and swelling are localized.

The pain may have a sudden or gradual onset, and may be mild or severe, dull or sharp in nature. Sudden coughing or deep breathing accentuates the pain. The pain typically diminishes after a few weeks or months, but the swelling may persist.

I think I'm going to take a week off. It kind of sucks because Im two weeks into my cycle, but I kind of want this thing to go away. AND I will be seeing a doctor because I have to get blood work done anyway. Any other advice or prior experiences would be great.
No offense but you guys kinda scared the crap out of me.