View Single Post
Old 10-01-2013, 11:50 AM   #1
Todd Neal

Profile:
28 days in ketosis

Thought I'd document my efforts here, if anyone is interested. Using what I know (or think I know) about nutritional ketosis, I'm going to try it very strictly for 28 days (4 weeks) and see where I end up. If I'm at all successful, I'll likely continue for another couple weeks.

Weight: 170
Height: 5' 7"
Abs Showing: Upper
BF: Unknown

[I don't know my body fat, I'm going to use calipers tonight for it. I'll update tomorrow with that. I'm really only interested in getting my abs more visible--currently my upper abs are showing a little, the lower ones are hidden--so the mirror test takes priority over calipers for me.]

So the plan is to eat <50g of carbs, <120g protein, and the rest fat each day. I'm not worried about calorie count, never have been, and at this point I'm not measuring my foods either. Hahaha, we'll see how this goes.

I do plan on daily WoDs as much as 6 days per week, but already I find I'm tired while starting this diet. I workout in the mornings and it's difficult waking up before 6am. I blame the lack of carbs, but I'm also fairly sure I just need to adapt, so I'll monitor morning energy as I go.

As for nutrition on workout days, I'll have a banana immediately after the workout to replenish glycogen, but not so much as to fall out of ketosis. I know that one high-carb meal can take me out of ketosis for the next 3 days, so I'm going to be very careful about cheating.

Ok, I'll let everyone know how it goes.

Last edited by Todd Neal : 10-01-2013 at 12:18 PM.