View Single Post
Old 09-27-2013, 05:37 AM   #1
Don Beam

Profile:
Not seeing change.....

Hello all,

Long time forum lurker and eventually decided to register.

Some background information about me:

I have been involved with crossfit for almost a year now; in which I switched over from the traditional "body-building" routines.

At the time of my switch, I was 250lbs, 9% BF, and my height is 6'6.

I want you to keep in mind that my eating habits are very clean. For example, my food intake yesterday (rest-day) looked something like so:

Also note that none of my food is frozen or pre-packaged, minus the cereal. My girlfriend and I cook everything from scratch.

Breakfast 6:20am:
4 eggs
1 1/2 cup of organic honey nut cheerios
1 cup skim milk
2 handfuls of almonds
2 glasses of water

Meal 3 11 am:
1 roasted chicken breast (with olive oil)
1 1/2 cup spinach
8 strawberries
1 handful almonds
24 oz water

Meal 4 1pm:
1 full size banana
2 handfuls almonds
16 oz water

Meal 5 3pm:
Identical to meal 2

Meal 6 6pm:
1 1/2 diced chicken breast (olive oil)
2 cups of whole wheat penne pasta
2 servings green beans
24 oz water

Snack 8:25pm
2 tbsp peanut butter
1 scoop protein shake

I still consider myself fairly new to "paleo" eating and all that jazz, but the owner of the box immediately put me on a 0 carb diet after I learned the basics and picked up on the functional movement. After 3 weeks of 0 carbs, I already dropped 13 lbs. I still keep my eating habits with minimal carbs; I train extremely hard and yet I feel like my abdominal section isnt where I want it to me. To clarify, I have a little "pouch" that should be defined abs; yet it refuses to go away.

I start to consider other variables that may contribute to this:

My job. I am the director of treatment in a facility for at-risk youth, aka, I sit at my desk, a lot. I am very conscious about this and try to get up and walk around my facility whenever I can. Also, I am an avid video game player; obviously that means sitting down, a lot.

On a final note, yes, I stopped using creatine and other unnecessary supplements when I switch to Crossfit.

Suggestions? Comments? Ideas?

Anything is apprecaited!

-Don