View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 03:35 PM   #399
Nathan Holmes

Profile:
Re: Stop Anthos from Taking over CrossFit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynne Pitts View Post
Simple. CrossFit has decided not to provide a platform to the opposition. They obviously have many avenues to promote their position, but this isn't going to be one of them. Sadly, it's a war, and facilitating the opposition's propaganda machine is not a part of the defense strategy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell Berger View Post
Why is it so important that we allow you to include a link to what is obviously deceptive propaganda?
It makes you look like you are trying to hide something. It makes the HQ staff, or at least the moderators, appear petty and childish. Mind you, I'm not saying they ARE petty and childish, but deleting a post because it contains a video from a 50% stake holder in the company does not strike bear the hallmark of a "mature" decision. HQ staff has posted numerous emails and statements from "the opposition" (i.e. a joint owner of Crossfit Inc). How is this video any different?

If my beloved Crossfit wants to appear like a professional organization run by professional people, this is not the way to go about it. I love the Crossfit community and it is my dream to open an affiliate some day. I train every morning in my garage with several neighbors and add one or two people a month. I bought all the equipment myself and "evangelize" every chance I get because I love it and believe Crossfit makes people better at life. That said, the way HQ is handling this situation is disconcerting. I would hope that, rather than just deleting posts, you would either join in the conversation about the video or at least let your Crossfitters and affiliates discuss the video (e.g. whether or not we think its fiction, whether or not it was appropriate, etc).

-Nate